We receive many questions about our lawn service company from clients and prospective clients alike. We’ve put together this list of the most frequently asked lawn care questions that we receive at Aggieland Green. If your questions aren’t answered below, please feel free to fill out a contact form, call us at 979-272-6866, or to email email@example.com.
Q: Does a technician need to visit my lawn in order for me to receive an estimate?
Our pricing is determined by the size of your lawn, not its current condition. Most of the time we are able to measure the treatment area from our office utilizing software that provides with an aerial view (not Google). It allows us to measure your turf areas exactly, giving you the BEST pricing based on the dimensions of your yard. However, sometimes we may be unable to measure online if the property is too new.
Q: How does Aggieland Green know what my yard needs if a technician has not seen it first-hand?
When the experienced technician arrives for the first visit, he will assess the lawn’s condition, treat accordingly, and provide you feedback. He will also document the conditions in his tablet which links back to your account so that we are able to track the progress of your lawn going forward.
Q: What if I want to meet with a technician to look at my yard?
Once you receive your estimate and accept it, we will get your first service scheduled. As part of the on-boarding process, you have the option to meet with a technician to assess your yard and provide you with any additional recommendations as necessary. Although it is not required to meet with him, if you do have specific questions it is a great opportunity to walk your yard with him and assess your starting point. If you have any questions after your first treatment, please contact our office and we will be happy to help!
Q: Does Aggieland Green perform one-time service?
We do not offer one-time lawn treatment services. Our lawn care services are a culmination of a comprehensive lawn management program that is designed to maintain a healthy lawn free of damaging insects, weeds, and diseases.
Q: Do you have to do all 6 or 7 treatments, or do you have anything with less visits?
We offer a budget program that includes 4 treatments per year. It includes less fertilization visits for the year, basic weed control that only includes broadleaf weeds, and 1 treatment during the summer for chinch bug suppression. You don’t get the any disease control, the full chinch bug protection that we recommend, grub control, nutgrass control, or grassy weed control. Since we’re not providing our full program, we don’t guarantee weed control or protection from damaging insects. Our full program is much more comprehensive and the results are much better.
Q: Am I locked into a contract once I sign up for your services?
We do not require contracts. We want to show you the value in our lawn program and for you to be happy. If you have any reason to cancel, simply notify us in writing and we promise to do whatever we can to make things right. Turning an unhealthy lawn around takes several months or more in some cases. We ask that you express your concerns about your lawn at any time, but that you have patience with your lawn and it’s progress if it has a long way to go.
Q: How can I pay for my services?
We offer 3 easy payment options:
- Credit card or ACH Autopay after each service is performed.
- Equal Monthly installments billed to your credit card or ACH,
- Or we offer a 5% discount for prepaying for services upfront.
Q: What’s included in the Lawn Health Program?
- 7 rounds per season year for St. Augustine lawns, 6 rounds per season for Bermuda & Zoysia lawns. There may be less, depending on the time of the year you sign up.
- Extended-release, custom-blended Aggieland Green fertilizer
- Guaranteed weed control of broadleaf weeds
- Guaranteed weed control of grassy annual weeds (except bluestem and bahia, and Dallisgrass, which requires special attention upon individual assessment)
- Guaranteed weed control of nutsedge (“nutgrass”)
- Chinch bug and grub worm prevention
- Prevention and suppression of fall brown patch fungus and other disease issues and spot treatment available throughout the year (available as a premium service for St. Augustine and Zoysia lawns only)
- Access to our watering guidelines and real-time watering recommendations throughout the year 9. Free service calls for weeds or any other concerns.
- Free service calls for weeds or any other concerns.
Q: What is considered an add-on service for the Lawn Health Program?
- Aeration (May or June)
- Guaranteed No Fire Ant Treatment (1x application, lasts all year long with free service calls if needed)
- Mosquito Barrier Service (Once per month, March-November, with free service calls if needed)
- Flowerbed pre-emergent weed control program (3x per year, no spraying included)
- Flowerbed fertilization (3x per year)
- Borer treatment, Systemic Insect Treatment to prevent aphids and scale, Deep Root Fertilization of shade trees (DRF in November-January only)
- Armyworm treatment (Only a threat to Bermuda grass)
- Fungicide treatment for take-all root rot
Q: Do you offer:
- Bed weed spraying: NO (just pre-emergent, BPR)
- Tree and shrub spraying for insects: NO, but… (systemic soil drench, APH)
- Irrigation services: NO
- Treat for Borers: YES
- Treat for diseases on trees/shrubs: NO
- Tree consulting: NO
Q: How far apart are each of the treatments in the lawn care program?
Depending on the time of year, the condition of the lawn, and when you sign up to begin services, treatments will be between 1-2 months apart. Full programs are 6-7 treatments per year, so we will not ever charge you for more than what you sign up for.
Q: Is it safe for my children and animals to be in the yard after a treatment?
The safety of family and pets is of the utmost importance to us! We are going to send a trained professional to your house and use the safest products we are able to source. By applying them correctly, we eliminate the possibility of over-use or misuse of any pesticides or weed control products. This is one of the biggest benefits of using our service! We ask you to allow the treatment 1-2 hours without disturbances. After that, it is perfectly fine to go about normal routine in the yard! Our technicians leave behind paperwork with the time of your treatment listed and it is also indicated in your after-service email.
Q: How do I schedule services/How do I know when you are coming?
We will automatically schedule your service based on when you’re next service is due. We service lawns neighborhood by neighborhood for efficiency. We will notify you of our visit via email before and after any services on your property. We also offer a text-ahead if requested. If you reschedule your service, we will try our best to get you rescheduled ASAP, although we schedule by neighborhood.
Q: Do I need to be home in order for a technician to treat my lawn?
You do not need to be home at the time of service. Please be sure you leave your gate unlocked and pets are left indoors for the day.
Q: I have had a couple treatments but I still have weeds. What’s going on?
Our goal is to minimize weeds as much as possible. However, weeds are germinating throughout the year, even when the grass is dormant. Nutsedge has no preventative, so this is a weed that can only be sprayed once emerged from the soil. Because of this, new clients may need to request a service call for additional treatment throughout the year. We are happy to set up a service call to treat the weeds at no additional charge as long as you are on a full program, 2 weeks from your most recent service. We may ask for a picture of these weeds in order to identify and target them specifically.
Q: If I signed up at the beginning of the year and already prepaid, can I add or remove services later on?
You are welcome to modify your program at any time throughout the year.